Survival Tips to Prep for Sick Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Survival Tips to Prep for Sick Season

First thing’s first:

I recommend getting your flu shot. Although it won’t guarantee you don’t get the flu, it’s better to be safe than sorry. I just got mine a few days ago because it’s going around and I want nothing to do with it.

Second, stock up on the essentials.

That means the Motrin, the Tylenol, the Advil. Make sure you’re all set with tissues, cough drops and cough syrup, may want to add some DayQuil and NyQuil to that list. Keep the blankets and pillows on hand too for when those chills hit and you need to prop your head up. This will make sure you’re not running around while you’re sick trying to find all these things. That would just make everything so much more inconvenient.

Third, let’s talk about the sick day necessities.

You need to be prepared for when you’re confined to you bed day in and day out. You’ll want to make sure everything you need is within reach from your stationary position in bed. If you’re into books then keep some close by so you can leisurely read and escape your bed through your mind. Your laptop should be close by for tons of Netflix binging, youtube tutorials, and maybe trying to keep up with all the work you have. Also, be sure to keep your chargers nearby so that your electronics can refuel while you refuel with a nap.

Fourth, stay hydrated and as healthy as possible.

That means drink tons of water, eat your fruits and veggies, and get a good amount of sleep. Wash, wash, wash your hands!  And if things go south turn to decaffeinated tea with honey to soothe your throat and suppress a cough.

Finally, stay positive!

Don’t worry about getting sick until it happens. Just go about your normal routine, make sure you’re all set if you do get sick, and hope for the best. But may I also suggest doing some shots of orange juice on the regular. Down that vitamin C, baby!

I graduated from Endicott College with a B.S. in Marketing Communication and Advertising, with a minor in Photography. I am now attending Emerson College to attain my M.A. in Digital Marketing and Data Analytics. I love fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, social media, and photography! 
Eva Graef

Endicott