Upperclass Rush: Pros and Cons

Posted -

For those of you who haven’t been to the DUC or your Facebook Newsfeed in a while, Sunday was Bid Day. What does that mean? Screaming girls wearing matching sweatshirts hauling around massive (and, frankly, dangerous) Greek letters as they chant songs and make crazy shapes with their fingers and bodies. To others, it’s a rite of passage as an official college student or the start of finally feeling at home at college. For others still, it’s finding a group of girls where you belong.

I never really pictured myself as a sorority girl. I’m not necessarily bubbly or cheery and I left behind theme-altered pop songs at summer camp. Participating in Recruitment this year, however, was definitely one of the most memorable and rewarding experiences I’ve taken part in during my time at Emory.

For those of you who were on the fence about rushing a sorority and either feel as if you’ve missed your shot or still think it’s not for you, this is what I learned from my experience.

College is hard. We make it easier!

Get the best of Her Campus delivered straight to your inbox!

About The Author

Originally a New Jersey native, Emily now calls London, England home. She is a Creative Writing/English major and is a rowing, Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars enthusiast. 

Editor's Note

Congratulations to our new campus chapters at Bournemouth University, Dartmouth College, Falmouth University, Marywood University and University of Chicago!
Be the Editor-in-Chief of your own magazine -- Start a Her Campus chapter at your school!

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login