This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Thanksgiving break is only a few weeks away and before you know it, you’ll be on your way home for Winter break.  Whether you’re traveling a short distance, cross-country, or half way around the world there’s no doubt you’ll want to be comfortable.  But know that you don’t have to compromise comfort for style… 

Stylish Sweatpants

This might sound like an oxymoron, but it’s not!  Also known as joggers, pants like these have been spotted on the runways of Alexander Wang and Michael Kors.  They have all the perks of sweatpants, a drawstring waist, relaxed fit, and soft material, without the just rolled out of bed look.

The Boyfriend Blazer

The boyfriend blazer serves dual purpose.  First, it will keep you warm on those chilly flights and second; it’s easy to just throw on over whatever you’re wearing whether it’s t-shirt with jeans, leggings, or sweats.  Voila!  You’ll instantly look put-together.  

The Oversized Scarf

Just like the boyfriend blazer, the oversized scarf will do double duty.   Use it to keep your neck warm or as a blanket on those flights where you plan to catch a few z’s!  Model Rosie Huntington Whitely nails the oversized scarf look below. 

A Chic Tote

You’ll want something big enough to carry your laptop, snacks, books, and other flight essentials, but nothing too cumbersome that you can’t maneuver your way through hoards of people at the airport.  A brightly colored tote will liven up your look and stand out amongst the other going through the x-ray machine or in the overhead bin.   

Her Campus at Emory University