Thanksgiving: Binge-Watching Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Thanksgiving is great, but also can be a long and exhausting process. Whether you need to skirt your cooking responsibilities, or the family time just gets too much, a little bit of me-time is vital for a successful night. While most T.V. shows have token Thanksgiving episodes, here’s a round up of the winners, so you can retreat to your room and treat yourself. 

1.) Friends 

The best of the best when it comes to Thanksgiving episodes, you can’t go wrong. With your pick of Brad Pitt cameos to misplaced turkeys, there is enough material there to get you laughing throughout the day. 

2.) Gilmore Girls 

Perfectly timed for the Gilmore Girls revival on November 25th, you can pregame with the infamous “Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” episode. Watching Lorelei and Rory bounce from house to house is the perfect escape and their meals and general disposition on food will get you in the eating spirit. 

3.) Gossip Girl 

A switch up from the home cooked, family values thanksgiving, Gossip Girl provides you with the dramatic Upper East Side flare you need. Watching Serena stir something up in nearly every season, or Dan get in a fight with virtually anyone, Gossip Girl shows that thanksgiving is a process but in the end it all works out. 

4. Modern Family 

For light, airy, and dysfunctional, there’s nothing better than Modern Family, and that’s no exception when it comes to Thanksgiving. Gloria’s antics are entertaining any day, but watching her put a turkey into a suitcase takes the cake. 

While it may be unrealistic to fit all of these episodes in just one day, given that family time is important, squeezing in one or two will be the perfect mental health break so you can be thankful later.

editor/writer
Her Campus at Emory University