This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With only a week left in the semester, summer has definitely been on my mind. No matter where you’re headed after school lets out, you’ll probably find yourself somewhere hot and sunny, preferably on a beach. Here’s a round-up of the summer essentials that I can’t wait to wear:

Lightweight Jacket: The perfect summer jacket should be warm enough to wear during chilly evenings but light enough that you don’t mind lugging it around all day. My personal favorite is the moto jacket because I can wear it literally anywhere with cool shorts and a blank tank for a casual look or dark skinny jeans for dinner out. 

Cool Crop Top: Whether you’re wearing it for a Summer music festival or a night out with your girlfriends, a crop top in a funky print can instantly transform any outfit.Try out retro gingham, soft denim, or vintage floral prints this summer. 

Floaty Dress: A loose dress in a lightweight fabric is the perfect transition piece for when you’re running around town all day. Try materials like chiffon and light silk for a piece that works equally as well as a beach coverup as it does for a nice dinner with friends. 

Printed Shorts: While classic denim cutoffs and pastel linen shorts are always a good option, sometimes it’s fun to change things up with a cool pair of printed shorts. Try tiny flowers, classic polka dots, or scalloped edges to add fun details to any outfit. 

Comfy Sandals: Unless you’re hitting up the beach everyday, put away your basic flip-flops in favor of soft leather sandals. These shoes are casual enough to run errands in but also nice enough for dinner by the beach. 

Crossbody Bag: A cross body bag is the easiest and chicest way to lug your summer essentials around. They keep you hands free and can hold a surprising amount of stuff for how small they are, which makes them perfect for music festivals and exploring cities.

Her Campus at Emory University