This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Atlanta’s weather seems to be a bit bipolar at the moment with the signs of all four seasons just last week! We all know that miserable feeling of waking up early for our Thursday morning class and looking out the window to see sheets of raining hammering down. How can we find the motivation to look cute, get to class, and survive the torrential downpour that only Atlanta weather can provide? Well, here’s a secret: looking chic and put-together, even on a wet, grey day like that isn’t difficult and can be unbelievably comfortable! As tempting as it is to just walk out of your room in yoga pants and an oversized sweater, there are simple ways to make it look like you aren’t nursing a cold and put you in a slightly more cheerful mood. Grab your wellies and try some of these ideas.

Neutrals are your best friends. They invoke a sense of calm and match together perfectly. Rainy days are the perfect time to mix and match your neutral tops, scarves, and sweaters with stretchy leggings and rain boots. In colder weather, throw on a trench coat for an instantly stylish and mysterious edge to your outfit.

In addition to wearing your softest tee, leggings and wellies, add a piece of statement jewelry to take your look from casual to chic. Match heather grey with clear crystal or beige with pale turquoise. Colors will liven up your outfit if you’re decked out in all neutrals! The glittery necklace or bracelets will dress up your comfort outfit and give you a little glitz and glam so you not only look like a million bucks, but feel like it too!

In warmer weather rainstorms, forget your pants and throw on a breezy cotton t-shirt dress and long sweater. Nobody likes getting the bottom of their jeans soaking wet or the uncomfortable feeling of damp denim on their legs after running through the rain. Pull on some knee-high socks and your wellies, grab your umbrella and you’re ready to go!

Rainy days may make us feel lethargic and lacking in fashion creativity, but with these simple tricks, you can turn those wet Atlanta days into some of your cutest, coziest outfits! Remember, the better you think you’re presenting yourself, the better you’ll feel, which will make for a more productive day! There’s no longer any reason to dread those grey mornings, so embrace them and get creative with your fashion!

Her Campus at Emory University