Quick, Easy, and (Cheap!) Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

As Halloween approaches many of us begin to freak out as we, the procrastinators, have left buying our Halloween costumes to the last possible second. All we want is to find the perfect costume (for the pics of course). Unfortunately, there are two barriers keeping us from accomplishing this: money and time. We don’t want to spend $50 on one costume  because we all know we need a minimum of three and even if we could find a good one, most likely, it won’t come on time. In this moment of distress, we must be thankful for two things: that little black dress (I know we all own) and for Amazon Prime (which is free for college students!) Why should we be thankful for these two incredible inventions? Because with the help of Amazon Prime, that LBD can be transformed into at least five amazing costumes!

1.The Cat: for a range of $2-$8 you have many options for cat ears on amazon. Its cheap, its easy, and you will look purrfect!

2. The Ninja: all you need is a black bandana (less than $5!) and you’ve got a killer costume!

3. The Devil: who said devils have to be red? Whoever did was lying. All you need is red devil horns and that LBD and you will be the devil of the party. 

4. The Vampire: this is your chance to wear that red lipstick you bought, but have not been bold enough to wear yet. With the help of a black cape and fangs, you’ll be able to rock that red!

5. The Goth Rocker Chick: as always the best is saved for last…for this costume there is nothing you need to buy! Make your eye liner a little heavier than normal, use it as lipstick, pull out those black boots you’ve been dying to wear (but haven’t been able to cause we go to school in Hot-Lanta) and TA-DA you’ve got your fifth costume!

So there you go, even if you’re like me and you procrastinate until the last minute to buy your Halloween costume, you can still look amazing and don’t have to spend all your money to kill the Halloween costume game!

editor/writer
Her Campus at Emory University