Paige Goldner, Co-President of Meor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Meet Paige Goldner, Co-President of Meor!

Her Campus Emory (HCE):  How did you become interested in Meor?

Paige Goldner (PG): Many of my older friends were involved with Meor, and I was looking for something Jewish-related to dig my teeth into. In high school, I had a tight-knit bond with my BBYO (B’nai Br’ith Youth Organization) friends, and was looking for a group in college with similar values. My older friends encouraged me to try Maimonides 1, and I immediately loved the course and the friendships, speakers, and experiences it had to offer.

HCE: How is Meor different from any of the other Jewish organizations on campus?

PG: Meor is different from the other Jewish organizations on campus because of our tight-knit dynamic. We are a smaller group, which makes it easier for us to all get to know each other. Our sessions take place in a home-like environment, in which no one is afraid to speak up and voice his or her opinion. Sessions are discussion-based, so everyone feels involved and important. Meor is all about asking questions, discussing possible answers, learning about Jewish topics, and bonding with fellow Jews.

HCE: What are the exciting plans for Meor for this semester?

PG: This semester, we will be bringing in awesome speakers that are bound to make a difference in the lives of all who listen. They range from an IDF soldier to a dating/marriage coach. We will also be celebrating Purim with programming and, of course, food. The Holocaust and other anti-Semitic issues will be in focus for programming this semester, as well.

HCE: What do you think some challenges will be for the new executive board?

PG: My hope is that each board member will be an integral, necessary part of Meor. I want to make sure each board member has the opportunity to help Meor flourish. Besides that, I don’t see many challenges ahead. We are lucky to have an executive board that gets along really well; we communicate smoothly and we are all dedicated members of Meor. Among our many goals as the executive board, we all want to have fun and learn!

HCE: How can students get involved?

PG: The Maimonides sessions are beginning this week. Sign up here: https://meor.org/applymaimo. Join the Facebook group MEOR @ Emory to stay up to date on speakers and other events. Contact me if you have any questions about involvement (paige.morgan.goldner@emory.edu)

Her Campus at Emory University