Need to Switch Your Night? Do it the right way.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Everyone knows it. Emory is stressful and yeah, sometimes you want to go out to Eagle Row, take an Uber to Mags, and work off everything that made your week difficult. But, other times, you might just want to stay in, eat some good food and maybe even watch a movie.

So, you might ask: is this socially acceptable? The answer is certainly yes. People do it all the time because sometimes, it is just truly needed.

But lets say you want to be a little more adventurous…here are few recommendations on how to add a little spice to your night.

First things first, rally your friends. Getting a group together that you want to hang out with is always the first way to start. Being alone is never fun and having your friends together is definitely a plus.

But, what can you do?

If you are looking to just have a big Netflix sesh in your pajamas go for it. That is never a bad idea. Grab some snacks from your cabinets, go into you room or study lounge and watch your favorite shows with your friends.

Need to get out of your room? There are definitely some other things and activities that might be of interest.

If you and your friends are looking for some good food and an old-fashioned diner atmosphere, its time for you to hit up Majestic Diner. The best of the best from Majestic include the milkshakes, sandwiches and even French toast!  It’s a change of scenery, a fun atmosphere and definitely a place not to be missed.

If you are feeling even more adventurous, maybe a trip to Lennox Square can relieve your stress with some retail therapy. Spring is coming up, so you could always use a trip to the mall to stock up on your spring wardrobe! 

Maybe you like to cook? You could always have a baking spree with your friends in the kitchen of your dorm.  Yes, that might sound a little weird, but we all know that it is hard to pass up some homemade cookies. And, cooking with your friends will certainly include some bonding and good laughs.

So, next time you contemplate what do to with your night, remember all of these possibilities.  Doing something different could be worth it, and if you try out one of these ideas, you will not be disappointed.

Give it a try and nail your night the right way.

Her Campus at Emory University