Marley MacDougall, PR/Event Manager of Boohoo Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Her Campus Emory (HCE):  What is Boohoo fashion?

Marley MacDougall (MM): Boohoo fashion can’t really be defined by a single look. It is really dynamic and has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for workout gear or a dress for a date party, Boohoo has looks for the laid back and casual to the more fashion forward shopper.

HCE: What is your role in Boohoo fashion?

MM: I am the PR / Event Manager so I work mainly on planning and executing all of our events and I work with our Social Media Manager to promote said events and the brand overall. Last semester we had a great  “Get to know Boohoo” event where we gave away tons of product and cookies in Asbury Circle!

HCE: How did you get involved with Boohoo fashion?

MM: I actually was reading Her Campus and came across an advertisement for the opportunity to be a campus rep for Boohoo. I had ordered from the website before and was really excited about the opportunity to help transition the brand over into the US!

HCE: What inspired your passion of fashion?

MM: I’ve always loved clothes and seeing how different pieces come together to create an outfit. Being able to experiment with different colors and patterns is so fun – it’s always great to see how they turn out!

HCE: Does Boohoo fashion have any upcoming events?

MM: Right now we are finishing up planning an event for later this semester that will be a fun girls night with music, food, and tons of clothes! Students can come and try on outfits to style their perfect going out look. Then after instagramming pictures of their looks, they will be eligible to win their outfits and be ready to go out and enjoy the night in their new Boohoo look!

HCE: What has been your favorite part of Boohoo fashion?

MM: Being a part of the Boohoo fashion team has been such an incredible experience. I’ve gotten to work with really incredible people from both Her Campus and Boohoo, all while getting to promote a brand that I really do love and am passionate about! It has been such an incredible experience getting to watch a brand attempt to transition into an entirely new market.

HCE: What have been the challenges in being part of Boohoo fashion?

MM: As it is a brand that is far more known in other countries, building a strong following here at Emory has been a lot of work and there was definitely a learning curve, but after the initial adjustment I learned so much and it has been such a rewarding experience!

Her Campus at Emory University