Jane Singer, Co-President of TEDxEmory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Meet Jane Singer, Co-President of TEDxEmory!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): What are you involved with on/off campus?

Jane Singer (JS): Aside from dedicating myself to the TEDxEmory team, I am involved with the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention, I’m the sorority network liaison for my sorority, Sigma Delta Tau, and I work in Dr. Sherryl Goodman’s lab. I also just recently started work as a security guard at the Carlos Museum.

HCE: How did you get involved with TEDxEmory?

JS: I joined the TEDxEmory team at the beginning of my freshman year after I saw the table at the student activities fair and remembered being shown awesome TED talks in some of my classes in high school.

HCE: What would you say is one great TEDxEmory accomplishment?

JS: The team has grown substantially and impressively since I started. My freshman year, the team consisted of twenty members, and now we have about fifty members!

HCE: What is the TEDxEmory event that took place on February 28th?

JS: It is our annual conference! It’s an all day event with 13 speakers and catered lunch and best of all, it’s free for students!

HCE: What is your favorite TED Talk?

JS: One of my all time favorite TED Talks is Sarah Kay’s If I Should Have a Daughter. I’ve probably watched it ten times and I get so into it every time. Here is the link: https://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_kay_if_i_should_have_a_daughter?language=en

HCE: How can Emory students get involved?

JS: Look out for our upcoming event in April! Also, there are applications to join our team at the beginning of each school year. 

Her Campus at Emory University