This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With Music Midtown and TommorowWorld around the corner, it’s time to start planning your outfits for festival season! Last year, high-waisted shorts and crop tops were the go-to, but it’s time to switch it up a bit. The look is still solid, but it can get old quickly. This year, try branching out with the boho-chic style.

Celebrities tend to nail the hottest and newest fashion at music festivals, which all of us can use as a guide. I love this look that model Alessandra Ambrosio rocked last year at Coachella. She paired a scarf with a simple layered dress. The scarf is great and trendy, but here in Hotlanta that look isn’t exactly feasible, so a statement piece of jewelry or some arm candy would be a great alternative. Free People and Urban Outfitters always have dresses like these that are simple but chic and perfect for the heat.

Another one of my fave looks is a looser fit short, which was everywhere this summer. They are SUPER comfy and perfect for any occasion. These shorts can be dressed up or down, and they are so versatile.

Footwear at music festivals is always a dilemma for me. Sandals and gladiators are great, but I’ve learned the hard way that’s not the way to go. With thousands of people around you, the last thing you want is for someone to step on your toes. So this year, go for the boots or closed shoes look.

Supergas are the perfect solution to the footwear problem. They come in a variety of colors so you can choose to add a pop of color to your outfit, or you can go with something neutral like a gray or black.

Now you have a few options while you are choosing what to wear for the upcoming music festivals. You can go for the edgier look of a boho-chic dress or romper or keep it simple with some loose fit shorts. And if those don’t work out for you, you can always fall back on the crop top and cute shorts!

Lastly, in your crossbody purse all you need is sunscreen, a cute pair of sunnies, a beaded or lacy headband (your hair might frizz in the heat!), and of course lip gloss! 

Her Campus at Emory University