Dressing for the USA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in full swing, supporting the US is more important than ever. Every day our most notable athletes are fighting for gold in Sochi. Being so far away from all the action can be challenging, but it has never been easier to sport red, white, and blue in our everyday looks. It doesn’t have to be a theme party to dress for the USA.

Thanks to Ralph Lauren’s impecible designs – all of the US athletes looked incredible at the Opening Ceremony last Friday. Sporting this cardigan, turtle necks, and hats to keep them warm, Team USA killed it. 

In order to introduce some more subtle pops of patriotism into your everyday look, try rocking this Vineyard Vines baseball cap. Pair it with jeans and a white button down for a perfectly patriotic outfit.

Why not make a bold statement? This cozy sweater is chic and the perfect way to add red, white, and blue. Also, it is so easy to throw on quickly and super comfy too!

Carry this clutch for a night out! Statement clutches give a pop of color to any outfit and are a necessity.

This statement necklace can help add a pop of color to a simple white tee- giving a casual but stylish look.

Pair a navy and white sweater with red jeans – this look is quick, easy, and perfect for class, lunch, or a shopping excursion. 

Red ballet flats can spice up any outfit! 

Try any some of these awesome options for a classy, fashionable, and patriotic ensemble. Go USA! 

Freshman student, intended major pre-business, fashion writer for HCE
Her Campus at Emory University