Boys Suck Cake Day: A Collegiette’s Favorite Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Once upon on a time, in a far away land called Long Island, two soon-to-be Collegiettes were disgraced by members of the opposite sex (surprise surprise). In an effort to eat their feelings, the two girls stopped in a Baskin’ Robbins on their way home from high school and ordered a cake that read the ultimate truth: “Boys Suck.”

Now, as we all know, boys can be totally clueless, and the one behind the counter at Baskin’ that day was no exception. When the girls arrived at home, ready to enjoy their indulgent treat, they opened the box to find…

Yes, the cake read, “Boys Suck Cake.”  They immediately went to work on the humongous mound of creamy, crunchy goodness and together they ate every last bite. Talk about girl power! They laughed, they cried and, yes, they felt a whole lot better after they took down that cake. That night, the two besties took a vow to do the exact same thing every year on the same day. And thus, Boys Suck Cake Day (February 8) was born.

Whether you’re very single, practically married, or in an “it’s complicated” situation, it is your right as a woman to talk a little $h*t, eat A LOT of cake, and enjoy the company of your best girl friends on this very special day. Any girl who has ever been hurt by a guy (read: every girl) can understand the satisfaction felt when given yet another excuse to scream “Boys Suck!”

So don’t miss out! Make a quick run to CVS for your favorite trashy magazines and chocolate bars, pull together pics and souvenirs from ex-boy friends (to destroy however you please), and of course, order your own “Boys Suck Cake” cake!

To kick your chick-fest up a notch, put our “Boys Suck” playlist on the loud speakers and get your dance party on. There’s no better way to get over a guy than fist-pumping to the voices of P!nk, Avril, Beyonce and other such divas…while simultaneously stuffing your face.

See you in the Bruster’s line!

1. “I Knew You Were Trouble” – Taylor Swift
  2. “U & Ur Hand” – Pink
  3. “Girlfriend” – Avril
  4. “Single Ladies” – Beyonce
  5. “Since You Been Gone” – Kelly Clarkson
  6. “So What” – Pink
  7. “We are Never Ever Getting Back Together” – Taylor Swift
  8. “Bust Your Windows” – Jazmine Sullivan
  9. “Dollhouse” – Priscilla Renea
  10. “What the Hell” – Avril
  11. “Before He Cheats” – Carrie Underwood
  12. “Leave, Get Out” – JoJo
  13. “Irreplacable”– Beyonce
  14. “Take a Bow” – Rihanna
  15. “Gives You Hell” – All American Rejects
Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).