Aman Manji: Honorary Senior On & Off the Courts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Name: Aman Manji

Major: Biology

Greek Affiliation: None

Extracurricular Activities: Varsity Tennis Captain, Student-Athlete Advisory Council, Pre-Dental Society

Tameka: Describe yourself in three words.

Aman: Kind, Humble, Gentle

T: When did you start playing tennis? Why did you decide to play tennis in college?

A: I started playing tennis at the age of 9. Playing tennis in college was always a goal of mine and I knew I wanted intercollegiate athletics to be a part of my experience after high school.

T: What are your plans for after graduation?

A: I will be attending dental school.

T: Now that you’re graduating, do you plan on continuing to play tennis regularly? How will you make time for it?

A: I hope I can continue to play on a weekly basis after graduation. I plan on competing in a couple of tournaments during the summer and then potentially becoming a volunteer assistant coach for the university I choose to attend dental school at.

T: How did you react to being named one of Emory’s Honorary Seniors?

A: I felt extremely honored and privileged. I never would have thought my freshman or sophomore years that I would be able to earn the award. It was really a validation of all the efforts I have put into my time here at Emory and I couldn’t be happier to be a part of the group.

T: Looking back, what has been your greatest memory of Emory?

A: My greatest memory of Emory is probably when the team had an undefeated season last year and traveled to Kalamazoo, Michigan for the national championships. We were the favorites to win, but unfortunately got upset in the final four. Maybe we’ll get ’em this year!

Her Campus at Emory University