5 Ways to Switch Up Your Look for the Springtime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It is finally spring season, which means say hello to fabulous and goodbye to dark, dreading days. A new season is the best excuse to switch up your look. Here are five pointers to change it up.

1)   Play with different textures. Try pairing harder, rugged, masculine pieces like motorcycle boots with more feminine clothing like softer materials with a floral print.

2)   Experiment with jewelry. Try layering necklaces or stacking rings. This gives a very personal look.

3)   Look at vintage pieces. Pieces from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s serve as a great influence. Pair bold prints and colors. Remember: clashing doesn’t exist!

4)   Dress up casual clothes. Try wearing a t-shirt and jeans, then throw on pumps to change your entire look, or a short sundress with a pair of cool sneakers.

5)   Go out of your comfort zone. It’s key to make your own statement. Wear huge shades, try a print you would have never dared to touch, and just have fun with it!

Her Campus at Emory University