Acapocalypse Wows at Spring Showcase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

EC’s own co-ed acapella group, Acapocalypse, wowed the crowd at their sold-out Spring Showcase last night. The show featured incredible performances by Acapocalypse and guest groups, the UniSons from Northeastern University and Upper Structure from Berklee College of Music. While each song was spectacular, the last four were a little bittersweet as Acapocalypse said goodbye to their senior members: Justine McLaughlin, Brittany Pennellatore, Nicholas Lavorna, and Tyler Gravelle. Each was given one last time in the spotlight and their talent really shined. Congratulations to all on a fantastic show!

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.