10 Christmas DIY Dorm Decorations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

While finals nearing, we are in desperate need of fun Christmas-y crafts to forget about our problems for a bit. These crafts are so easy that you can destress and get in the holiday spirit all the while!

1. Pinecone Christmas Trees

This idea is so simple I wish I had thought of it first. Simply grab a pinecone, paint it green, put it in a pot, and voila! Now you have a tiny christmas tree to brighten up your dorm. Access the tutorial here.

2.   Mason Jar Snowglobes

Did you know you could make your own snowglobe? The biggest plus to this DIY is that you can design your mini winter wonderland anyway you want.

3. Plastic Spoon Christmas Trees

Yes, those flimsy plastic spoons of yours have finally come in handy! In this tutorial, simply color the tops of the spoons and assemble them like foliage on your tree.

4. String Christmas Tree

This is a super-easy DIY where all you have to do is wind string around a cone. As an added bonus, you could transfer these skills into making string ornaments as shown here.

5. Sock Snowmen

Does anyone else remember making these in elementary school? If not, you can still make up for it now! This craft is super adorable and is guaranteed to make your day.

6. Paint Chip Christmas Tree

Okay, so this is a tutorial for making a Christmas card, but you could easily use this idea as a creative way to decorate your dorm. Additionally, if you feel so inclined, you could give it to a friend afterwards as a card.

7. String Snowman

Remember how you can make christmas trees and ornaments out of string? You can do the same to make a snowman! Find out how here.

8. Holiday Mason Jars

The amazing thing about mason jars is there are so many uses for them. In this DIY, you can decorate your mason jars to create a holiday centerpiece.

9. Crayon Art Ornaments

If you are a Pinterest junkie, you have probably already tried crayon art, but did you know that that these skills are transferable? Only, this project will be more Christmas-y and just as much fun.

10. Paper Pine Trees

Finally, for those of us who don’t enjoy messy projects, this is as straightforward as it gets. All that is required is paper, scissors, and glue.

Hopefully this list has inspired you to get in the holiday spirit. Happy crafting!

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug. 
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.