Fall TV Lineup: A Forecast on What’s to Come

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Hey there, Collegiettes! I take it by now you’ve settled into your new classes and have said your official goodbyes to summer. With the farewell to summer comes autumn with its crisp leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, and the Fall Television Lineup, of course! Here’s a list of what’s on now, what to look forward to, and what to skip out on. 

The Ever-So-Popular NBC lineup

Parks and Recreation:

For a show that snuck in under the radar in its first season, Parks and Rec has definitely risen to stardom at a rapid pace. Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, and the gang never fail at bringing in the laughs. Be sure to tune in for the premiere on Thursday, September 20th at 9:30pm.

Parenthood:

This is one of those shows that everybody should be watching but isn’t. With a cast of talented people like Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Dax Shepard, Mae Whitman, (plus a killer soundtrack) there is no excuse for not watching Parenthood. It premiered last week but you can catch up Tuesdays at 10pm!

The New Normal:

While Andrew Rannells is just perfect on HBO’s Girls, this show seems like a low-grade version of Modern Family. It’s worth a try but I’d say just stick to the folks who do it best on ABC—Modern Family returns September 26th at 9:00pm. Sorry, Ryan Murphy!

Other NBC stuff to come:

The Office, in its final season begins on September 20th at 9pm and 30 Rock comes last but certainly not least on October 4th at 8:00pm.

[pagebreak]

Fox: The channel with horrible news but a few decent shows

Glee:

For those of you who still shamelessly watch this show, it premiered last week but you can catch it Thursdays at 9pm.

The New Girl:

If you’re still a fan of good ol’ quirky Zooey, you can catch the premiere on September 25th at 8:00pm.

The Mindy Project:

If you’ve been living under a rock and have yet to see the pilot for this one, do yourself a favor and watch it September 25th at 9:30pm.

[pagebreak]

CBS: For the few shows that we do watch on this channel

How I Met Your Mother:

I’ll confess to not having watched this show yet but I know it’s a good one. It premieres September 24th at 8pm!

Elementary:

This show premieres on September 27th at 10pm and while it could turn out to be great, for us Benedict Cumberbatch lovers, there will only ever be one Sherlock.

The Big Bang Theory:

Sheldon and company return with their excessive laugh track and witty banter on September 27th at 8pm.

[pagebreak]

ABC: Two Words. Modern. Family.

That is all. 

Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.