This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Don’t spend your Sunday afternoons crying in Sephora! Just because you’re on a college student budget, doesn’t mean you can’t afford some of the best beauty products out there. High-end doesn’t always mean better, and we can prove that with this list of 20 drugstore beauty buys under $20. Below are products you can use for your everyday makeup routine and more. Read on and then head over to CVS or Walgreens to fill up on all your bargain beauty needs!

Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8)

On those in-between-washing days, this dry shampoo can be a lifesaver. After one use you can instantly see more volume in your hair and less grease. Plus, its continuous spray makes Batiste Dry Shampoo so much easier to use than messy powdered products. Batiste brand comes straight from the UK. The best part? This dry shampoo is only $8. Score!

Maybelline Volum’ Express Big Eyes Mascara ($8)

The best thing about this mascara is that it comes with two brushes: one for your upper lashes and one for your lower lashes. This may seem a little high maintenance but trust us- you don’t know what you are missing. The mascara claims to make your eyes appear 2X bigger, and for once the claim is true!

e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit ($3)

Makeup for your eyebrows? Seems ridiculous but it actually makes a big difference. Use this e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit to define your brows and help shape them to perfection. There is no point in paying for high end products of a similar nature when this one is only $3!

Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($8)

Makeup removing made easy. Thanks, Neutrogena! These makeup-removing wipes are gentle on your skin and can even take off waterproof mascara. A few swipes with these wipes and all traces of make-up, dirt, and oil will seemingly disappear.

Mark Hill MiracOILicious 2 Minute Treatment ($12)

This two-minute hair treatment will leave your tresses feeling softer and looking shinier. It uses 14 “essential oils and plant extracts” to correct damaged hair and nourish dry strands. This product provides a crucial hair therapy treatment if you’re someone who is constantly coloring or overusing heated appliances on your hair. After only one use, you will be twirling your locks all day long!

[pagebreak]

Real Techniques Core Collection Brush Set ($18)

Beauty Bloggers on YouTube rave about this brand. With Real Techniques’s Core Collection Brush Set, you get four brushes for only $18. Get flawless skin with the pointed foundation brush and buffing brush, glowing highlights with the contour brush, and effortless definition with the detailer brush. Oh so soft and oh so affordable!

Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector ($13)

BB Cream is not a myth, it’s real and it works: we promise. This BB Cream will get rid of all of that annoying discoloration your skin may sometimes get. Plus it acts as a tinted moisturizer by hydrating dry areas. Vitamin C in the product claims to make your skin more luminous and radiant. Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector (phew, what a name!) comes in a variety of shades, from Fair to Deep, to match your skin tone, well, perfectly.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($5)

After putting on foundation, skin can look oily and shiny. Get a matte face with Rimmel London’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder. The easy to apply product helps to absorb oils and even minimize pores—without settling in creases! Wear alone for a lighter, more natural look. A few swipes of this long lasting powder and you’re good to go.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup SPF 15 ($12)

Don’t you just hate it when it seems like your foundation wears off before lunch? You won’t have that problem with this Revlon Color Stay foundation. The buildable, long-lasting foundation stays on practically all day. It comes in a variety of shades to give you a flawless finish.

Covergirl Flamed Out Eye Shadow Pencil ($6)

Blend some of these chic shades together for a customized look or wear a bright color alone for some extra pizzazz. The fact that these liners are gel liners means that they go on smoother than your typical pencil and will be gentler to your eyes. Wear white on your waterline for a bright-eye effect.

[pagebreak]

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain ($8)

This product is comparable to Clinique’s Chubby Stick but it’s just as good and is half the price! The moisturizing sticks offer a lightweight feel with major color and awesome lasting-power. It applies like a lip balm and is so easy to put on that you don’t even need a mirror (perfect for on-the-go application). Wear the Smitten color for date night, and Sweetheart for everyday use.

Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quads ($14)

Sonia Kashuk has done it again! If you buy anything from this awesome makeup guru, then buy her affordable eye shadow quads. Great pigmentation and creamy shades make this product a winner in our book. The different color palettes give you plenty of opportunities to take your look from day to night in an instant.

Nivea Lip Butter ($3)

Don’t let the cold winter air chap up your lips. Carry this Nivea Lip Butter in your purse at all times. Not only does it keep your lips soft and smooth, but it also smells so good that we’re tempted to eat it… Try Raspberry Rosé Kiss and you’ll see what we mean!

Seche Vie Dry Fast Top Coat ($11)

Best top coat out there. Hands down, no question. The formula gives you stronger nails, helps your polish dry fast, and is chip resistant. Seriously, with this product, in-dorm manicures just got so much easier.

Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer SPF 20 ($9)

Neutrogena has you covered with their 3-in-1 Concealer. Hide dark circles, get rid of puffiness and fine lines, and protect your skin with SPF 20. This concealer glides on and blends easily. It’s also available in four shades – remember that lighter is always better when it comes to picking out a perfect concealer for your skin tone.

[pagebreak]

Prestige Cosmetics Primed & Ready Eye Primer ($9.50)

Eye primer that guarantees to hold your eye shadow in place all day? We’ll take twenty! This primer is great for everyday and going out. If it’s sure to make your smoky eye stay, what more could you want? We would compare it to Urban Decay’s popular eye shadow primer. It acts high end without the high-end price.

NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss ($5)

A hint of moisture, a hint of color, a hint of gloss and what do you get? NYX butter gloss! Yum! Finally the non-sticky lip-gloss we’ve been dreaming of! You’ll want to buy every vibrant color but if you have to pick just one then be daring and try Cherry Pie or be flirty with Merengue.

NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush ($6)

NYX is doing something right because this blush has over 638 reviews on Ulta.com. Reviewers rave about how the product has good pigmentation, is easy to blend, and its natural feel. We suppose a $6 blush is all we’ve ever wanted. Not only is the price on point, but so are the colors. Mocha offers a deep rosy color, while Summer Peach will leave you a blushing beauty.

Freeman Facial Masks ($2)

All natural masks for those times when you need a good pamper. Freeman masks unclog pores and drag out dirt and oils. Drugstore.com offers nearly all the one-use masks pictured above. Start off by trying the Facial Clay Mask in Avocado & Oatmeal. With Vitamin E and Oatmeal, the mask will leave your skin feeling indulgent and sparkling.

Olay Silky Berry Moisturizing Body Wash ($6)

Olay Silky Moisturizing Body Wash is a thick body wash that leaves your skin feeling nourished and hydrated. It’s moisturizing enough that you can double it as your shaving cream. This soap comes in a few delicious scents but we’re keen of the Silky Berry one.

Now that you’ve seen our list of the top 20 beauty buys, which product are you dying to try? Comment below or tweet us at @HCEmerson! 

Cassidy is a Digital Production intern at Her Campus. She's currently a junior studying journalism at Emerson College. Cassidy also is a freelance reporter at the Napa Valley Register and a staff writer at Her Campus Emerson. Previously she blogged for Seventeen Magazine at the London 2012 Olympics, wrote for Huffington Post as a teen blogger and was a Team Advisor at the National Student Leadership Conference on Journalism, Film, & Media Arts at University of California, Berkeley and American University in Washington, D.C.. When she's not uploading content to Her Campus or working on her next article, Cassidy can be found planning her next adventure or perfecting her next Instagram. Follow her on Twitter at @cassidyyjayne and @cassidyjhopkins.  
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop