This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Parents Weekend is here! While it’s so fun to have mom and dad in town for the weekend, sometimes it can be hard to find some fun things to do aside from what your organization has planned. Here are some extra ideas…

For the family that likes a good drink…

1. Day Drinks on Campus

Show your parents what you are really up to on the weekends and take them to a darty! They’d love to relive their glory days of college and see what you are up to. Get a few of your friends and their parents and all go together.

1. Red Oak Brewery

If you feel a little weird about bringing the parents to a darty there are plenty of breweries in the area that offer tours and tastings. Red Oak is just a couple of minutes away!

For the Outdoorsy family…

1. Hanging Rock

If you have the time and are willing to drive, take your family to the iconic hanging rock path and take a picture. Turn off your phone while hiking and spend time with your parents and catch up.

1. Mom Walk

If you don’t have the time to drive all the way out to Hanging Rock enjoy a mom walk around Elon’s Campus. Now that it’s the end of the year, you have plenty of stories to tell from all the different spots on campus that are sure to bring up memories and give your parents a laugh.

For the family that wants to stay on Campus…

1. Events planned by your organization.

Let your parents socialize with all your friends’ parents. Your organization is putting together many events for your parents to meet everyone and your friends. Enjoy this time!  

1. Sports Games

Check the sports calendar to see if there are any baseball, lacrosse, or tennis matches going on while your parents are in town. It will be nice to be with your parents outside rooting for the Phoenix .

1. Concerts and other Events

The spring is busy with events on campus and there will be lots to do. From Acapella Concerts to speakers and movie screenings your sure to find something to do.

For the big eaters…

1. NC Jelly Doughnuts

Treat your parents to the best doughnut they will ever eat in their life!! But remember they are closed on Sunday so sneak in this one earlier in the weekend.

1. Print Works

You have to take advantage of having the parents in town! Brunch at Print Works in Greensboro is delicious but can be a little pricey for the college student. Have your parents treat you to a nice brunch, or find another favorite spot that might typically be out of your price range.

No matter what you do with your parents, be sure to enjoy the time with them while they are here. Catch up and introduce them to all of your sisters!

Amanda is a freshmen at Elon studying Journalism and Spanish. She calls Atlanta, Ga home. When not writing for HerCampus Amanda loves to travel, cook, and explore new food places around town.