How to Keep Off Winter Weight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

As the winter season rolls around, it’s hard to avoid the unwanted path of unhealthy eating, indulgence and avoiding exercise. Fortunately for us there are great workout classes and guides that are able to help us to keep off our winter weight! Here are a few of the most popular workouts:

1. Sweat with Kayla

Kayla Itsines is a workout enthusiast who transformed her own body and became one of the most well-known fitness icons. She has helped thousands of women get in shape through her app “Sweat with Kayla” that is used internationally. Her app includes daily 28-minute workouts and customized meal plans to achieve your dream bikini body.  This app has great reviews and truly works if you stick to it, not to mention it’s very easy to use! If you don’t believe me, try it yourself!

2. Orange Theory

Orange Theory is a one-hour workout class where you can burn between 500 and 1000 calories! During your Orange Theory class, you’re attached to a heart monitor that allows you to see your heart rate throughout the workout. The goal is to stay in the “orange zone” for as long as you can because it stimulates your metabolism and increases your energy. If you’re looking to lose weight fast it is proven that you will lose between three to five pounds per week if you attend five sessions per week! Results take determination ladies!   Don’t believe me? See for yourself!

https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/the-workout

3. Soul Cycle

Soul Cycle is a 45-minute indoor cycling class that is revamped. They’ve added hand weights and a core workout so your whole body is getting something out of the session. There are multiple different classes offered that include the following:

• Soul Cycle (The signature class)
  • Soul Challenge
  • Soul Survivor
  • Community Ride
  • Soul Warrior
  • Soul Teen

4. Sworkit App

Sworkit is a perfect app for those of you who don’t want to leave the comfort of your home during the chilly months! You can pick which part of your body you want to work out that day and select the length of your workout, which can range from five to sixty minutes. The app gives you video instructions so you know how to do every exercise correctly.

5. Pure Barre

Pure Barre is a 55-minute class, which focuses on working out your hips, thighs, abdominals and arms. The classes are low-impact and are designed to protect your joints. The ballet barre is used accompanied by music specifically chosen to boost endurance. Pure Barre classes want their clients to build lean muscle rather than bulky muscle!

These classes and apps are definitely something everyone should try during the winter especially, so you can come into spring feeling confident, happy and stronger! There’s no need for winter sorrows with all these exciting workout options to choose from!

Elon University Class of 2019 Tuftonboro, New Hampshire Entrepreneurship & Management Major