The Best People We Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

We all know someone whose personality is contagious. Whether it be their laugh, humor or intelligence, we just can’t get enough. We are never bored of them, in fact just the opposite— we are captivated by them. Sometimes they are aware of their charm, sometimes they are completely oblivious to everyone’s fascination of them. These people are very special. 

How do you know when you’ve crossed paths with someone whose impact goes far beyond time just you have spent with them? You may know right away, or it make take years of friends to understand the gift of their presence in your life. Unknowingly, you could be a spark of light in someone’s life. 

Recognizing these illuminated souls in your life is important. We often often become oblivious to the everyday role models, leaders, and friends that we share our journeys with. Propelling our ideas of role models onto a pedestal distinguishes them from the people that we spend most of our time with. The most special people are not always splattered with gold, yet their energy illuminates the entire room. 

Silent superheroes, our everyday inspirations who encourage us to become better. We are only as strong, resilient and thoughtful as the company we surround ourselves with. Two of favorite superheroes happen to be to 29-year-olds fighting a battle that they certainly didn’t see coming. Man to man combat on the cancer battleground left my Katie with scars as breast cancer launched a sneak attack on her last January. Luckily, her sniper Jeff was ready for battle and joined her to take down the enemy.

These two have showed me how the company we keep can inspire us to live our lives to the fullest, and how we don’t need to search far to find life-changing role models. Their infectious positivity and resilience radiate hope; these are certaintly two of the best people I know!

Thank you both for inspiring us with your strength and courage everyday! We are all rooting for you Katie! #KrushItForKatie #MilesForMarv #StandWalkLive

I am a junior at Elon University! I am twenty one years old, and Boston is my home. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Strategic Communications with a minor in marketing and professional sales. I recently studied abroad in London & fell in love with European fashion! I enjoy everything the fashion industry and everything it has to offer, including fashion blogging. I am very passionate about marketing and communications, and hope to make it big into the entertainment industry one day in NYC! Hope you enjoy my writing! HC XO