5 Ways To Feel Healthier This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Too many late nights have you feeling run-down? Procrastinating your flu shot? Stock up on these immune system essentials to feel better in no time!

Start Your Day with Apple Cider Vinegar 

Apple cider vinegar is known to detox the body, prevent the flu, balance pH levels and help relieve allergies, acid reflux and nausea. Try adding two tablespoons with a glass of water every morning to restart your body. Pop a probiotic after to add good bacteria to your immune system.

Your Childhood Favorite Still Works

There’s a reason why we are told to eat chicken noodle soup when we’re sick. It helps to reduce inflammation and thin mucus, without using cough syrup. Chicken broth is also known to help fight bronchitis. Add garlic and bone broth to any recipe for an extra kick to fight off infections. 

Ditch Your Emercen-C 

If you’re starting to feel a cold come on, try to eat more fruit and veggies that are full of Vitamin C. Foods like kale, green and red bell peppers, strawberries, pineapple and broccoli contain more Vitamin C than an orange. Whip up a green smoothie with some of these ingredients for an instant boost!

H20 and Sleep are you best Friends

Even if you’re running on empty or cramming in study sessions late at night, make sleep and drinking lots of water a priority. Exhaustion and dehydration will only make you feel worse. Aim to drink half your body weight in oz. and sleep at least 8 hours a night. 

Get Moving Regularly exercising helps support your detox organs. 

Try out these tips next time you’re feeling run down to finish off the semester healthy and strong!