This season’s fashions are full of fun, vibrant colors. Why add that same playfulness to your hair? Hair chalking has been trending on Pintrest, but Kandee Johnson made a fantastic how-to video! With hair chalking, you can essentially add any color you want to your hair, but it’s temporary—it will come out the next time you shampoo your hair!
What you’ll need:
· Soft Pastel Chalks. These should cost less than $10 for a set. Make sure NOT TO BUY OIL PASTELS—these will stain your hands, your hair, and everything around you! Make sure the set includes white.
· Water readily available. You should start with dry hair, so just a water bottle or spray bottle should work.
· Protective gloves (optional so you don’t get your hands too messy)
· Flat iron or curling iron to lock in the color
Get the look:
· You should wear an older t-shirt, one that you wouldn’t mind getting color on
· Optional: put on your gloves
· Heat up your curling/flat iron
· Take a section of hair and dampen it. This helps to keep the color in longer.
· Twist the section of hair (that should be damp now) and rub the white chalk down the section.
· With the chalk color of your choice, rub the chalk in a downward motion over the white chalk. This is where it gets pretty messy, since you should be rubbing the chalk until you see the color residue on your hair.
· Repeat this process with as many strands and colors as you choose!
· Either let your hair air dry, or quickly blow it dry
· Use your curling/flat iron to shape the sections and lock in the color!
Some helpful tips:
· Don’t brush your hair too much—the chalk will come out!
· Don’t use any products either—it just makes a huge mess!
· Condition your hair well once you take the color out to make sure your hair doesn’t dry out too much!
Send us your pictures once you try the style!
Light hair photo source: Pinterest.com
Dark hair photo source: http://brokeandchic.com/trend-alert-hair-chalking/