samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Job Search Struggles All Graduating Seniors Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Summer is fast approaching, and for us collegiettes who are seniors this year, so is graduation! While some of our friends in finance or other industries have had post-graduation plans secured since the fall, that isn’t the case for all of us. The job search can be frustrating, emotional, exciting and terrifying all at once.

When you think you’ve figured out what you want to do after graduation…

…only to find out that your field is only hiring for experienced candidates or not hiring at all.

So you tap into your network…

…and finally (after much trial and error) land an interview!

You try not to get your hopes up, but can’t help it…

…and spend the rest of your day after your interview second-guessing everything you said.

The next few days, or weeks, waiting for the decision can seem like some of the most nerve-wracking of your life.

Just remember to breathe and know that everything will work out in the end. Stay positive!

Good luck on the job search, senior collegiettes!

Goeun Choi

Dickinson

Goeun is a senior psychology major and Senior Editor at Dickinson College. She works at the career center on campus and is involved in her chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta and in Psi Chi. French bulldogs, Mexican food (or any food), and bad reality TV are her weaknesses. Find her on Instagram at @goeun.