burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

From Catwalk to Campus: 4 Blooming Trends for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Happy Tuesday, collegiettes! Thanks to some very weird February weather, it seems that Spring has come early this year (thanks global warming). That also means that it’s time to trade those parkas in for (“groundbreaking”) floral patterns. HC is here to give you the lowdown on the four Spring 2017 trends that you absolutely must try now that the temperature is rising.

Fresh, Funky, Floral

Sorry, Miranda Priestly, but florals will always be a staple for spring and I am absolutely obsessed with the takes that hit the runways this year. Wearing florals doesn’t mean that you are destined to dress like your grandmother’s couch, trust me. Bright, bold and beautiful prints from Thakoon and Tory Burch are just two examples of how florals can be absolutely fabulous.

(K)razy for Khaki

Khaki is no longer just for dad shorts and outdoor treks! For Spring 2017, khaki has become (k)lassy and very on-trend. Some designers, such as Carolina Herrera, took the color and paired it with feminine silhouettes, while others stayed true to the stereotypical masculinity associated with khaki.

Victorian Chic

Big sleeved blouses and dramatic ruffles were all over the SS17 runways this year. The ultra-feminine Victorian look is back in full swing (with an edgy twist) and I kind of adore it. Whether you want to rock a cute blouse to class or need something simple, but chic for a job interview, taking a cue from this trend won’t steer you wrong. I absolutely adored looks from Rebecca Taylor, Rodarte and Loewe.

Bras Out for Spring

First there were crop tops were trending, then showing hints of bralettes, now proudly-displaying your bra is in fashion. Sure, this might not be the best look for class, but what better time to try out a bold look like this than for a night out? Check out Giambattista Valli and Miu Miu for inspiration!

Happy pseudo-spring, collegiettes! Rock your ruffles and clean off your khakis, because now that the weather has changed, spring fashion is beginning to bloom.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.