Before We Say Goodbye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Another school year is winding down. The hot and humid weather has arrived, and that can only mean one thing—FINALS. But before we leave campus, there are a few things we still need to do.

1. Go to Marv’s.
That GCB-loving layer of flab over your abs might not miss Marvin’s this summer, but your taste buds certainly will. Indulge a few more times during your late night studying. Maybe even eat both halves of a GCB…and some cheese fries…oh, and don’t forget the mac bites. Can I get a Diet Coke over here?

2. Study.
If we’re being honest, this is a must, ladies. Sadly, there is work to be done before we’re homebound. The more prepared you are for your exams, the less stressed you’ll be. And no need to have FOMO (fear of missing out) because everyone else is also on a date with Mr. Roy O. West. Join the party!

3. Get fresh air.
Why not hit the books outside? You can get your tan-on while simultaneously filling your head with all those fun facts you learned back in February. Venture out to the Nature Park for a change of scenery. Take some study snacks and you can cram your mouth and your noggin.

4. Be social.
Do not stay on the third floor of Roy for more than four hours at a time—you will go insane. Remember to spend time with friends before we all go our separate ways for a few months. Tell the seniors how wonderful they are and how much they will be missed on campus next semester, but try not to rub it in their faces that you will be returning in the fall.

5. Breathe.
Whatever you do, don’t stop inhaling and exhaling. No need to hyperventilate. You’ve survived finals before, and you can relax about experiencing DePauw withdrawal. You’ll be able to Facebook stalk, text on your work break, FaceTime by the pool… Who knows—maybe you’ll even be inspired to write some good old-fashioned snail mail.
And then, before you know it…we’ll arrive back on campus in August, reunited and happy and tan. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Call Me Maybe” was still playing on repeat—it’ll be like we never even left!

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.