This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

It starts with the little things, like finding the perfect color to match your roommate’s floral bedspread, or wrestling to fit that 6ft lamp in the backseat of your mom’s (embarrassing) minivan. These are some of the mundane things that consume a typical DePauw girl’s life during the summer. Once we arrive to school, these little things change. Suddenly, you’re worried about how to word the perfect email to your professor and you spend the entire day deciding when to begin studying for your Econ exam. Now that you’re settled in, you’ve got one more little thing to worry about: whether or not you want to go Greek! This past week was jam-packed with tons of events that promoted and proved the strong bond of our Greek Community. Freshman, we know you’re already juggling a million little things, but Greek week is a great way to see if the Greek life is the life for you!

Monday: Greek Pride Day!
Greeks wore their “badge attire” all day in order to show the campus the organizations they stand for as an entire Greek system. To top the day off, all the Greeks showed off their polished outfits and pearly whites for a picture on the GCPA front stairs!

Tuesday: Professor Assisted Study Tables!
Professors from nearly every department went to the UB Ballroom to assist Greeks who had questions or needed help. This study session was a great way to meet other Greeks within all majors as well as munch on some yummy study snacks!

Wednesday: Greek Olympics!
Two people from each Greek organization formed a team and competed against the other teams by doing various relay events and team building exercises. The participants, as well as their supporters, had a great time supporting their organization in lettered apparel!

So, as it begins, it also ends with the little things: a friendly “good morning” before you hop in the shower and fifty different closets to share. These are some of the many exciting things that could consume your life for the next three years. Greek week is an excellent way to determine which little things are important to you and which path you want to take next! 

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.