Not Just Blue Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Is your closet looking a bit washed out? Do you have a case of the blue jean blues? Well this new spring trend is sure to cheer up both you and your wardrobe. That’s right, we’re talking about colored denim!!

Girls have been channeling the rainbow lately with colors from all over the spectrum, from vibrant turquoise and bright purple to soft pastels. These jeans are perfect for any spring activity—pair them with a cute floral top for class, or a casual sweater for a lazy Sunday lounging outside. You can even dress them up for brunch at Almost Home with mom! No matter how you choose to spend your sunny spring days, these pants won’t let you down! So instead of giving up on your closet, give this trend a try. It definitely won’t leave you feeling gloomy…

Ryan Konicek (’15) adds a splash of color to her simple black top by sporting a pair of vibrant aqua shorts.

Sarah Harbison (’12) brightens up her outfit with a pair of sunny yellow jeans.

Paired with a white top, Suzanne Spencer’s (’14) coral jeans look bold and bright, giving her a look that will certainly turn heads this spring.

Natalie Weilandt (’15) dresses down a pair of red jeans with a casual blue and white striped top and flats.

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.