Nick Konicek ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Where do we begin with this week’s Campus Cutie?! Nick Konicek, a sophomore Phi Delta Theta from Illinois and he is the next big thing on campus. Close with his older sister, Ryan Konicek, Nick is down-to-earth and loves to have a good time. Just wait until you read about his favorite moment from this year and his plans for this summer.  Her Campus writer, Marie Schloneger was able to pry Nick away from an intense game of euchre for a few minutes to interview him for this week’s Campus Cutie section. Let’s see what Nick is all about!

HC: Hey Nick! Can you tell me a little about yourself and what you do here on campus?

CC: Well, fun fact, I started soccer my freshman year, but then quit because I didn’t dress once. I’ve never held a house position at my fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, but I do have a radio show on WGRE! I just play music and hang out, it’s pretty cool. I’m also a waiter at Theta during the week as well.

HC: Sounds to me like you are a busy guy! How’s being a Theta waiter? What’s your favorite meal to have there?

CC: It’s good, the food’s great, and the girls are nice. I would have to say my favorite meal at Theta is their chicken salad. I could eat that all day!

HC: I might have to try it sometime! So what was your favorite moment from serving the girls this semester?

CC: Well, last week we had our waiter appreciation meal at Theta. And although I don’t remember it, apparently I tried to give their House Mom a lap dance. She denied me, unfortunately. Even though I knew she wanted it.

HC: Ha-ha oh my goodness! I hope pictures were taken. So besides giving their house mother a lap dance, what would you say was your biggest accomplishment this year?

CC: Hmm, well it was probably benching 450 at the gym. Not really though, ha-ha! That was a lie.

HC: Getting fit for the ladies I see! Speaking of, what would be your ideal date to take a girl on?

CC: First, we would go on a picnic lunch at the Nature Park and I would make us sandwiches. Afterwards, we would go on a romantic bike ride on my 5-person bike that I need to bring to campus next year, it’s at home.

HC: You have a 5-person bike?! I didn’t even know those existed?

CC: Yeah, I have one back home that my buddies and I go for rides on. The bad thing is, there are no brakes so you have to be really careful or you’ll crash- and I know this speaking from personal experience.

HC: That sure beats the regular two-person tandem bikes we sometimes see here on campus! You should definitely bring it to campus, especially for Little 5 next year.

CC: Of for sure!

HC: So besides riding your bike this summer, what else do you have planned?

CC: Well, I’m actually trying to get a pilot’s license with my dad and fly around a 5-person airplane! I’ve never flown before, so hopefully we don’t crash.

HC: Your stories just keep getting better and better. What made you decide you wanted to be able to fly a plane?

CC: Well my dad and I were randomly talking about it, and we decided to just go for it! Neither of us has ever flown a plane before, but we think it will be fun.

HC: Will there be any particular destination that you’ll want to go once you get your license?

CC: Well we can’t fly our small plane very far, but I would like to go to Missouri and see the Lake of the Ozarks.

HC: Do you have any interest in becoming a pilot?

CC: I’ve been thinking about it, yes. But I also have no idea what I want to do with my major, Kinesiology, either so we’ll see.

HC: Well as our interview comes to an end, is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?

CC: I would have to say my campus crush is Reid Pittard’s girlfriend, Emilye Denny. I just want to make him mad (laughs).

We hope you’ve enjoyed reading about Nick Konicek just as much as we did interviewing him. So ladies, if you’re interested in a future pilot, 5-person bike rider, DJ, and most importantly a waiter/lap dancer, hit up Nick in Geneva, Illinois this summer!