This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

It’s Spring time, my favourite season! Days get longer, scents smell fresher and pastels are back in action. However, we forget to spring clean our mind and soul. Here are a few tips to cleanse yourself.  

Remove negative talk

One thing which is not good for a healthy mind is negative thoughts. Grab a notepad and write down all your negative thoughts. Once you have all your reasonings written down, rip up the page, and dump or even burn the bad vibes. Once they’re gone, they’re gone! Start afresh feeling like a new and improved positive you. 

Wardrobe clear out  

Easier said than done, I know. But ladies, are we really going to wear our 14-year-old self’s clothing anymore? I think not. Take it gradually, if it is something that you haven’t wore in over a year or that is no use anymore, get rid. Go to your local charity or clothes bank and give back. The good deed and clear out will give you a great sense of relief and good turn. It’s a win-win! 

A day free from technology  

Keeping our snap streaks, posting an Instagram, checking Facebook, refreshing emails it all can get a bit overwhelming, not to mention time consuming. We tend to waste the day looking at a square screen instead of looking up at the sky. Try once a week to just put aside our technology and give some TLC to yourself or with a loved one. Meeting for coffee, having a relaxing day in with a book, going on a hike, going to a club or society. Something that keeps the brain active to keep ourselves busy and active! 

People 

Unfortunately, they are some people you may encounter along the way that are negative to be around. Being Irish, we find ourselves struggling from saying no to people or avoiding them. However, it is important for yourself to be surrounded with good positive people for a positive head space. 

Cosy evenings 

After the hustle and bustle of a long day, we tend to forget about our health and mind. Have a cosy evening to yourself. Run a bath, light some candles, play your fave music playlist and chill. I also recommend a comfortable pair of pyjamas, a honey facemask and your favourite chocolate. This will make you feel so much more relaxed. It will help you sleep much better and rearing to go or the next busy day ahead! 

Stress Less  

Young students today we stress about everything tiny thing! It is a tough thing to do, I know, but try to just stay calm and happy in stressful situations. Being cool, calm and collected will help you have a clear mind and get things sorted. Put yourselves first always and they rest will all fall in together. 

Photo by Caleb Wright

21 Campus Correspondent for HC DCU  Love interviewing empowering people to give them the love and attention they deserve! 
Hey guys! I'm Megan and I'm from Ireland. I'm studying Journalism in Dublin City University.