A Weekend of Tinder: 21 Moments In My Journey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

My lovely friend Leah took me and two others to New York City for fall break and I loved it.  While we were laying around on the first night watching TV, Sabrina started talking about Tinder and all of the boredom-blasting fun it was.  I’m in a long-distance relationship because my boyfriend is abroad for the semester and the idea of a flirting outlet for those hours when he’s asleep or out of wifi was too tempting to pass up.  

Okay, no let’s be real: I was craving some shallow attention and affirmation that I am still cute and attractive and worth male attention.

I’m a feminist.  It’s fine.

But as I sat there learning which way meant NOPE and which way meant LIKE and which way was a Superlike, I realized how much the world needed a gif article about getting acquainted with Tinder. Check out our other article if you need tips on making your Tinder profile more swipe-rightable.  

1. When you’re trying to choose your photos and can’t find any good ones

2. Trying to be funny and cute and hilarious and authentic in your bio and asking your friends when you’re ready to give up

3. Coming up with a bio line

4. Mixing up your first few swipes

5. SHIT I ACCIDENTALLY SUPERLIKED THIS CREEP

6. Ooo oo ooo you guys, you guys, I got a match!

7. Oh another one!

8. Oh this guy’s hot.

9. YES OMG A MATCH

10. Whoa, we have how many connections?

11. I’m sorry, it’s been how long since we started swiping?

12. Oh look he said “heyy”

13. K let me respond

14. Awww he seems normal and sweet

15. Oh look, he’s not…

16. UNMATCH UNMATCH

17. Oh this one seems nice

18. Oh he’s actually nice

19. Ok, we’re going home soon, time to delete it

19. I’m gonna miss this constant attention

20. Quick swipe right on everything– see how many matches we can get before we get on the plane!

21. Guys I can’t stop looking at people and being like “Yeah I’d swipe right.”

A little obsessive about food blogs, books, Netflix, running, and obviously sleeping. It's not what you do, I say, but how you do it.