Love Letter to the Southern BBQ Station at Davis Cafe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Dear the Southern BBQ Station in Davis Cafe,

Thank you for existing. I had lost hope in all humanity and food when I came back from winter break to the disappointing and unappealing noodle station. I thought there was nothing that could bring back my faith in Davis Café, but then on one boring Tuesday afternoon, my life was completely changed. Instead of the slips for the unwanted noodle bowls, Davis Café now offered BBQ. I was so excited, yet scared. What if it was like the noodle station and it looked good on the paper, but the final product was underwhelming? However, all my fears were erased when I took a bite of the brisket sandwich. And then the mac and cheese. And then the pulled pork sandwich. And then the chicken. And the creamed corn. You get the point. Not only is the food great, but there are a lot more options than the noodle or the Caribbean stations offered.

Now that I have fallen in love with you, I can’t wait to continue our relationship over the course of the semester. You will continue to surprise me as I continue to try all of the options you offer. I will never get tired of you like I did with the Caribbean station. But when the time comes to say goodbye, don’t be surprised when I cry, sulk and spend 20 minutes hopelessly begging Pebbles to let you stay. I love you Southern BBQ section. Stay yummy.

Love,

Your biggest fan

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Morcott Room.

Robi is a Freshman at Davidson. She loves dogs, crazy socks and spicy food.