The Definitive Music Playlist for Surviving Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Finals Week is approaching, and we all know what that means: hours of studying holed-up in some godforsaken corner of the library with day-old pizza and empty cups of coffee strewn at your feet. Or maybe you function like a normal human during exams…good for you!! Regardless, if you’re looking for some tunes to enhance your productivity, you’ve come to the right place.

Each song links to a YouTube clip, and only one song from any given album/artists is included in the list [ Form: “Song” (Album- Artist) ] If you like what you hear, check out the album or the artist on Spotify!

Study Music: I’m Focusing, Leave me Alone

I cannot study with lyrics; it interferes with my reading/writing/thinking abilitites, so all of these songs are instrumental. None of them are ‘classical’ pieces- give them a listen before you write them off!

“Mission Impossible” (The Piano Guys 2- The Piano Guys)

“Wheel of Fortune” (Pirates of the Caribbean- Hans Zimmer)

“One Final Effort” (Halo 3- Michael O’Donnel, Martin Salvatori)

“The Crusade” (Forrest Gump- Alan Silvestri)

“Autobots” (Transformers- Steve Jablonsky)

“Thor- The Dark World” (Thor- Brian Tyler)

“Dreamscapes and Wishes” (Behold- Future World Music)

“Southampton” (Titanic- James Horner)

“Pre-Game” (Madden NFL 25- Christopher Lennertz, Timothy Wynn, Alexander Temple)

“Travers Goff” (Saving Mr. Banks- Thomas Newman)

Final Phases

Use this 7-Step Program (playlist) to Transition from Exam Week into Summer

“Cry Me a River” (Justified- Justin Timberlake)

Finals are over. You may have failed, but right now your brain is fried and all you want to do is take a nap.

“Outta Your Mind” (Outta Your Mind- Lil John, LMFAO)

Nap is over- Where’s the Party?

“Timber” (Global Warming: Meltdown (Deluxe Edition)- Pitbull, Ke$ha)

You’re still celebrating. How else are you supposed to deal with so much pent-up stress?!

“Let it Go” (Frozen- Idina Menzel)

Your endorphins have worn off and you’re left with reality: you have no more work to do, and that’s ok! Finals have ended and it’s time to start thinking about other things in life. Go shower; eat a meal that you didn’t buy wrapped in plastic; call your mom (she’s worried about you).

“I Love It”  (I Love It- Icona Pop)

Remember all that time you spent planning your summer? Now would be a great time to get excited about it.

“Go Your Own Way” (Roumors- Fleetwood Mac)

Here’s to your summer of resume-growing/ character-building/ money-making/ world-exploring!

“Toes” (The Foundation- Zac Brown Band)

Or just hang around all summer doing nothing- that’s a totally valid option, too. You do you.