Think Outside the Redbull: Energy Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

How many days until summer? Too many… but first, we all have to get through a week of finals. You have almost made it through the semester and your starting to run on empty. There are a few solutions for your lack of motivation for these last grueling weeks, but one in particular can help keep that studying momentum going all the way until Norlin closes… ENERGY DRINKS.

When times are tough, we all need a little pick me up. So try to sample some of these tasty energizers now, in order to be well prepared for finals week. With an informal survey of 78 voters and our own expertise, we found the most yummy and effective drinks that will help you power through all of those tests and term papers.

Our personal favorite is NeuroSonic. These are somewhat new to the beverage world. We found these to keep us going through most of our day, without the headache-crash and are relatively inexpensive compared to other options. It has a hint of carbonation. So, it feels especially good on your tummy on those Sunday mornings when you partied a little bit too hard the night before, forgetting about that term paper due Monday. The Neuro Drink line is unique in that it offers a variety of drinks to fit your every need. These include NeuroTrim, NeuroBliss, NeuroSport, NeuroGasm, NeuroSun, NeuroAqua, and NeuroSleep. You can check out more about these drinks on their website.

From our informal poll, we discovered that the public’s beverage of choice is Red Bull with a grand total of 23 votes. Coming in a close second, is Monster Energy with 18 votes. Third most popular is AMP with a total of 6 votes.

Our poll also shows that 18 people choose not drink energy drinks for various reasons. Some people in this category expressed that they felt energy drinks were harmful to their health. Well, we looked into this and found some healthy alternatives.

If you feel like you need a bit of a pick me up, but don’t want to go the synthetic route, then Boulder has a ton of healthy alternatives to help you out. Made right here in Boulder is a drink called brain toniq “The clean and intelligent think drink”. They sell it right in Norlin and it taste really yummy; however, I’ve tried it on multiple occasions and can honestly say I didn’t notice a change in how I felt. Another choice and my personal favorite, is a new one called Vuka. They are made with 100% all natural ingredients and comes in workout, awaken, think, and renew. I’ve only tried the think drink, but I can say it really woke me up and tasted delicious. If you like the taste of cherry, there’s a healthy energy drink called Bing. They sell it at local grocery stores and it’s actually pretty good and effective. Lastly, we like FRS energy drinks. You can find them at most grocery stores and they are very effective; however, they are low calorie, so if you like that splenda, diet taste, then this is the drink for you. So give one or all of these a try. You never know when you’ll find your new favorite pick-me-up!

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.