Hidden Spots on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Conn is reputable for its beautiful campus. Between the old dorm buildings, the newly renovated library, Tempel Green and the Arbo, Connecticut College’s small campus has big things going on. However, it is really easy to get in a habit of going to the same places, i.e. Cro and the library. 

But, it’s always nice to have a few places to sneak away to where the majority of people are not. Below are some suggestions of hidden gems at Conn that are oftentimes not sought out. Enjoy seeking out these treasures and share with friends!

The Caroline Black Garden

This extension of the arboretum is on the other side of Mohegan Avenue, but between its scenic wildlife and relaxing atmosphere, it’s worth the exploration. 

The Cummings Art Galleries 

Check out Cummings for quiet, art-filled rooms to study while scoping out student work scattered throughout the building. 

Hillel House

This building is a prime study spot if you live in the Plex or North campus. The Hillel House is not only for Jewish students, Shabbat dinner, or the holidays – it is also open daily to students for a quiet place to hang out and get work done. 

The Lyman Allyn Museum

Accessible from South Parking Lot, the museum is a part of campus that some students don’t find out about until their senior year! Go after class, or during your free time. The exhibits are aesthetically pleasing whether they are replicas of classic paintings or original, local art. 

Happy hunting! 

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll