This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Spring is around the corner! The anticipation must be killing you. It’s time to transition your winter wardrobe into your spring one. I’m so excited to wear lighter clothes and to stop having to bundle up. Spring fashion is the best; you get to wear a mix of your autumn and summer clothes. To spend the spring season like the fashionista you are, there are five staple pieces you must have!

Cute little pastel handbags. What better describes spring than pastel colours? A pastel cross-body bag is the little element you should add to your collection to upgrade your whole look, especially if you’re like me and you only wear neutral. A cross-body bag is so practical; when in doubt always opt for it.

A good old classic; the trench coat. You can never go wrong with a trench coat whether it is a black, navy or beige one. Classy and timeless, it can never go out of style. It is a great investment. You can either dress it down with some jeans and sneakers or up with a dress and heels.

Shoes! You must own a good pair of flats. Warmer weather makes everyone want to be outside, which means that you will probably be walking more and enjoying the sun. Sneakers are super trendy at the moment; not to mention, super comfortable. It gives you that effortless look, the “I-don’t-care-what-I-look-like” look. You can either go for a sportier pair or a more casual one.

Oh, faux leather skirts. What would be my life without you? I always feel like a badass wearing it. It’s edgy and cool, which gives me that extra confidence when it’s low. On colder days, wear it with some tights and on warmer days, bare it and show your legs! A leather skirt is a versatile staple to have. Pair it with the right top and you are good to go for every event you have.

My dear sunglasses. With the sun shining strong and bright, you will need them to protect your eyes or simply just to keep your hair out of your face. Either way, sunglasses are always handy. There is always this one girl who walks in class with her sunglasses looking cool and a little bit snobby- and you can totally be her. Buy a pair that fits your face and there you go!

Jenny Truong

Concordia CA

Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.