This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

“Is it in you?” is the well-known slogan of the popular sports drink, Gatorade. Our campus celebrity for this week embraces this motto in his everyday life…literally. Patrick Harney, otherwise known as Pat, works for the Gatorade Corporation as an intern filming and editing videos and commercials. 

Why is this so noteworthy? Well, Pat doesn’t just sit in a room and edit commercials; he is out on the front line doing what professionals do–traveling all over the world and experiencing things some of us only dream of. Pat’s motivation to find an internship landed him on the ColumbiaWorks website where he found this opportunity with Gatorade. This cinematography major nabbed the internship that introduced him to a new lifestyle he didn’t know was achievable.

When asked about the opportunities Pat has had because of his internship, he says, “I’ve gotten the chance to meet athletes such as Cam Newton of the Carolina Panthers and Hope Solo of the women’s USA soccer team.  I’ve also been given the chance to travel to places like LA and even Brazil.”  

Other opportunities Pat has had include using some of the best film equipment out there and connecting with other companies other than Gatorade, though his experience with the company has made it to the number one spot on his list of biggest accomplishments. 

“In December I went to Brazil for Gatorade with two other people I work with to document the first season of American football in Brazil.  We were there for a week and went there to show the rising of the new sport in the country. It will be my first feature length film!” he exclaims. 

Only a sophomore here at Columbia and Pat already has a feature length film in production and on its way to public viewing.  Surely, he’s shown that he has “it” in him. Keep a lookout for this impressive, motivated, and talented cinematographer. He’ll be showing up in the spotlight really soon.

Mariah Craddick hails from the city of Atlanta and is currently a magazine journalism major at Columbia College of Chicago. Though she has a wide range of interests, her concentration and focus lies in fashion, art and entertainment. In addition to writing for HC, Mariah is also a contributing writer for the online lifestyle magazine GlossMagazineOnline. Upon graduation in 2013, Mariah hopes to pursue a career in magazine journalism and maybe even law school.