This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Jackie Oshry is most certainly a celebrity on the Colgate campus. She is often spotted en route to class in her signature sneaker wedges or cruising downtown on her pink bike. However, her real claim to fame is her status as a social media superstar! Follow her @JackieOProblems on Twitter to see what we mean!

Name: Jacqueline Oshry

Hometown: New York, New York

Class Year: 2014

Major: History

What Brought You to Colgate?

I liked that it felt like a big school shrunken down to a manageable size. Being from a big city, I wanted to seize the opportunity to go somewhere with a view. I wanted to look at a tree.

What Activities do you do on Campus?

SGA, Sorella Society (Social Media Coordinator), and Friends and Mentors

How did you gain your social media prowess and celebrity status?

I started tweeting just like a normal girl during the middle of freshman year. By the end of that following summer, people started telling me they thought my account was funny and my followers had grown to around 300. Over the past year and a half I’ve continued to tweet regularly and gained almost 8000 followers. The followers have come mostly through friends of friends or follows and retweets from a few influential people and accounts (ex. Awkward Girl, NYC Blonde, fatgirlproblems, Paris Hilton, Liz Gilles & Lindsay Lohan). After that, my followers grew exponentially, as is the nature of the Twitter universe.

Which specific tweets have received the most retweets and favorites?

“Bruiser Woods is my spirit animal”

“I don’t expect everything to be handed to me, you can just set it down wherever”

“For Halloween I’m going to dress up as a football game so boys will like me and look at me and ignore other girls for me”

“Losing him was blue, missing him was dark grey, loving him was red, and inventing him was exhausting”.

Fast Facts:

Favorite food: chocolate balls

Favorite sport: soccer

Celebrity crush: Jason Segal

Favorite place to eat in Hamilton: Maxwells

Favorite Halloween costume from childhood: My whole family was a cheerleading squad one year

Favorite twitter account: @NYC_Blonde

Favorite song to dance to: Firework by Katy Perry

Favorite Frat: DU

Favorite Movie: My Cousin Vinny