You’re finishing up with finals by now and getting ready to go home for the summer. You're mind is probably focused on studying or packing up you're stuff to leave, but here's some things to distract you for a bit. For our final HC article we’re going to give you 5 things you should do this summer that you can’t really do at school.
- Head to the beach – Unfortunately we’re not very close to the beach so take care of your sand and sea desires this summer. Pack a picnic, beach games, and maybe a few brews with koozies to enjoy the sun! And don’t forget your sunscreen and your most adorable on-trend floral bikini.
- Cook a meal for your sweetheart – If you’re living on campus you probably don’t have great access to the kitchen. So now is the time to show off your chef skills and cook a delicious meal. If you want to make it an activity you can both enjoy make kebabs using chicken, steak, or shrimp with peppers, zucchini, and summer squash! There’s nothing like a grill date in the summer.
- Shop ‘till you drop – The shopping in Waterville is not exactly Newbury Street or 5th Avenue so make sure to shop around during the summer months if you’re a shopaholic going through withdrawal up here in Maine. Don’t want to break the bank? Check out local thrift stores or small boutiques for one-of-kind steals! Make it a family affair and invite your mom for a little mother-daughter time!
- Sleep in – No schoolwork means you may have the time to rest, unless you have a major internship. So catch up on your Z’s this summer by treating yourself to a new soft pillow, an eye mask, and cozy pajamas!
- Plan a road trip – One thing you may miss, however, are your friends from Colby so maybe it’s time to take that road trip you always wanted to! If you can spare a week you can head all over the place! Want to facilitate new friendships? Bring your old friends along for company and introduce them to your friends from college; it’s bound to be an amazing journey.
While we can’t wait for summer time, we will be missing life up on the hill as we’re sure most of you will too. So make sure to say goodbye to your friends and make plans early to reunite. We hope you all have a wonderful, fun, and safe summer! We’ll see you here next year!