Julia Saul ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Where are you from? 

Palo Alto, California

What year are you? 

Sophomore

Where do you live on campus? 

East woooo!

What’s your major?

Environmental science major with a computer science minor.

What is your favorite Spa food?

I love those little hummus snack packs they sell!

Why did you choose to come to Colby?

It’s very easy for people on the West Coast to never leave, but I personally thought it was important to leave the California bubble and have a completely new experience. I did an overnight with the softball team and absolutely loved it! The people here are wonderful and I can’t imagine myself anywhere else.

What’s been your most vivid Colby memory thus far?

Freshman COOT! My COOT was a backpacking trip that ended up being 10x more difficult than I expected it to be. Even though I suffered through the hiking I ended up with the best COOT fam! Shout out to my lil’ family—I love y’all!

What clubs or activities are you involved in on campus?

I’m on the softball team!

Most embarrassing memory from freshman year?

Oh gosh…. I can think of way too many and I’m sure so many other people can too. A pretty good one was when I tripped and fell headfirst into Dana with a ton of people around…. awkward.

So far, what has been your favorite class and favorite professor at Colby?

I would have to say Professor McCoy! I can’t say physics is my favorite subject, but he made it much more enjoyable than anyone else would have been able to!

Favorite TV Show?

I’m not a big TV watcher, but I did really enjoy “House of Cards”.

Fun fact about yourself?

Well, I am a quarter Korean and am somehow blonde. Another fact is I have an adorable and silly Corgi named Mojo!

Finally, if you could be anybody in the world, who would you be?

Queen Bey.

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!