8 Dining Hall Hacks To Better Your Sodexo Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Toasted PB&J

Have you ever noticed the toaster oven right next to the bread in all three of our dining halls? Try toasting your bread before making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich — you won’t regret it!

Peanut Sauce

Mix peanut butter, soy sauce, and some brown sugar in a small bowl. Add rice and/or vegetables, and enjoy.

Chocolate Covered Fruit

Although this combo is only available on the weekends, take advantage of the chocolate chips in the Dana waffle bar or by the ice cream, the microwave, and the fresh fruit in the salad bar for a satisfying snack.

Grilled Cheese

Everyone loves grilled cheese, but what can do you when you’re craving it and it’s not on the menu? Ask for white or wheat bread and extra cheese in the sandwich line and use the panini maker for an amazing grilled cheese!

Milkshake

Looking to add a new twist to your favorite ice cream flavor? Scoop the ice cream into a glass, add milk, and mix with a knife for a delicious milkshake.

Ice Cream sandwich

You can also enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor between two cookies as an ice cream sandwich. For an extra touch, add sprinkles or chocolate chips.

Better Salads

Sometimes the salad bar just doesn’t have the toppings you are looking for.  Don’t be afraid to get creative– add some steak or chicken from the Simple Servings station in Dana.

PB, Banana, and Honey on an English Muffin

This one speaks for itself– toast an English Muffin, add peanut butter, a sliced banana, and some honey (found near the tea) and enjoy!

Hi my name is Kylie. I am a freshman at Colby College right now. I am from Ridgewood, New Jersey. I enjoy hanging out with friends and playing sports. I am planning on majoring in physics and minoring in math!