What’s The Sitch: Kim Possible Live Action Movie Casted

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Disney Channel’s Christy Carlson Romano and Will Friedle, who voiced the original Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable announced who will be playing their characters in the live action re-make.

Kim Possible is the beloved 2002 to 2007 Disney Channel show. It was about a high-school cheerleader and her best friend Ron Stoppable (and his Naked Mole Rat Rufus) who save the day against various villains. 

Sadie Stanley will play the titular Kim Possible. It was Stanley’s first audition ever.

“Sadie delivers Kim’s confidence, smarts, and agility; most importantly, she’s an everyday girl with an extraordinary spirit,” said Judy Taylor, the senior vice president of casting and talent relations at Disney Channel.

Ron will be played by Sean Giambrone, who is known for playing Adam in ABC’s The Goldbergs.

“Sean is such a magnetic actor,” Taylor said. “He always finds the right balance of physical comedy and heart.”

Ed Herrera/Disney Channel

Disney Channel released a video to reveal it too.

“We’re excited for audiences to see Sadie and Sean bring these iconic roles to life,” Taylor said.

And so are we! Filming will end this summer for a premiere in 2019, and we already can’t wait.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.