What You Need to Know About the New Clark Website

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Recently, Clark did a major overhaul of their website leaving students and faculty generally confused. When it first launched, the website had many broken links and formatting issues. For example, some links on the new site will take you back to pages on the old website that still function and look exactly like they used to. Since most Clark students interact with the website almost daily, here is what you need to know about it so you can make your way around with as little difficulty as possible.

Ignore “My Journey”

The “My Journey” feature is really geared towards people who are visiting the website for the first time and have no clue where to go to find what they need. It asks you to choose answers that best describe who you are/what you are looking for from a few drop down lists and provides you with “Recommended Content” based on those answers.

The Menu

The main menu that used to be across the top of the old website now appears as a sidebar on the right side of your screen. To get to it, click the “Main Menu” tab in the top right-hand corner of the screen and it will pop out. From there, you can get to important pages on the site such as admissions, academics, research, athletics, university life, etc. Once you click on one of these parent categories, yet another pop-up menu will appear with lots of subcategories. Eventually you’ll get to an entirely new page and hopefully find what you’re looking for. Here is an example of getting to the page that lists all majors, minors and concentrations starting from the home page:

Main Menu

Sub Menu

New Page

Course Offerings

The page on the website that details course offerings got a new look, too. Despite the fact that it is still housed on a page from the old website, the way that courses are displayed is different. Now, you select a “Subject Group” from the main drop down menu to view all courses offered in that subject area. You can also add in specific search criteria at the top by filling in the blank boxes with variables like CRN number, instructor name, course name and all other information that appears in a course listing.

ClarkYOU

Thankfully, ClarkYOU hasn’t changed one bit. Since this is the place that students go to most frequently to access email, Moodle, student account information and more, it’s nice to know that the design and structure have not been altered.

What do you think of the new website? Is it better than the old one? Let us know in the comments! 

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!