Websites for a Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Whether you’re procrastinating on a paper, need a quick laugh, or just want some new sites to browse, here’s a list (in no order) of six pages to check out.

1.    Clark University Memes 

I’m sure most of us have seen these images popping up on our newsfeeds lately, but if not definitely check out the Facebook page. Some are obvious, some are hilarious, and some fit Clark so perfectly you can’t help but agree. From the stoked baby who walked through Crystal Park and didn’t get stabbed to the penguin who doesn’t know which door in the AC to hold open, we’ve all been there. And if you have your own Clark situation to share, make a meme! Some of the best ones are the personalized ones about Clark students everyone knows.

2.    College Problems
While on the college theme, another relatable site is College Problems. There are several sites along these lines, but my favorite is collegeproblems.org, created by a Boston University sophomore. You can submit your own problems or read through the near thousand she’s accumulated. From problems about classes and professors to parties and hookups, you’re sure to stumble across a problem (or several) you’ve encountered.

3.    My Drunk Kitchen
Meet Hannah Hart who gets drunk and… cooks. The premise is simple, but the result is hilarious. Hannah starts off relatively easy with attempting to make a grilled cheese, but moves on to tackle harder meals such as gingerbread houses and pizza from scratch. She is on her second season of YouTube videos now, but still creating questionable food and very entertaining content. Follow her YouTube channel MyHarto and be sure to check out her Brunch episode!

4.    Pinterest
I actually haven’t signed up for a Pinterest account yet only because I know I’ll become addicted in five minutes and can’t afford the time right now. But many of my friends have gotten into it and love pinning. The idea is fairly basic: Pinterest is basically an online bulletin board, where you can “pin” different photos you like and things you are interested in. It’s easy to get lost in this world, but if you have some time to spare then pin away collegiettes™! 

5.    Thought Catalog
I’m obsessed with Thought Catalog. I check the page nearly every day to see what’s been posted lately. I like the site on Facebook so that I am alerted when new articles are posted that I may have missed. I follow not only the page itself on Twitter, but also follow my favorite writers for the site. What I love about Thought Catalog is the wide range of articles that are posted. No matter what your mood is, there will be an article that fits it. Looking for a short piece about what drunk people say? Check out Stuff You Say When You’re Drunk. Feel like reading something a little more deep and insightful? You’ll Never Be Able To Pull Yourself Together will make you consider your life for a moment. Articles are cataloged under different headings, so if you’re looking for that perfect thought about love or a random thought about life you know where to go.

6.    Sh*t __Say videos
The Sh*t Girls Say videos were the origins of this trend. They featured men dressed as girls saying stereotypical girl things. This premise has now spread to videos featuring people of various ethnicities, genders, ages, professions, locations and any other variable you can think of saying sh*t. These videos have even become as specific as Sh*t One Group of People Say To Another Group of People, or Sh*t Certain People Don’t Say. If you feel like laughing at yourself for things we all know we say, check out Sh*t Girlfriends Say, Sh*t Boston Girls Say, or the classic original Sh*t Girls Say.

A native of California, Caitlin is now a junior at Clark University in Massachusetts studying Psychology and Communications. She is the advertising manager as well as a contributing writer for her university's newspaper, and is involved in various other clubs as well. In addition, she works as a lifeguard and swim instructor. In her free time she enjoys going to sushi and Starbucks with her friends, listening to John Mayer, and swimming.