Mini-Trips to Knock Out Stress (Within Walking Distance of Campus)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Finals got you freaking? No worries! It’s a tried-and-true fact that exercise helps you shake nerves, so walk a few blocks to one of these stress-busting locales. It’s fitness and fun all in one!

If you have a suggestion, send it maraflanagan@hercampus.com–you might be quoted in the article!

1. Prantl’s Bakery
5525 Walnut Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15232

(412) 621-2092
info@prantlsbakery.com

You’ve burned through calories on a powerwalk to Shadyside; this is one time it pays to eat them back up. A slice of Prantl’s burnt almond torte is a bit like nibbling magic: custard between layers of white cake smothered in buttercream and topped with almond slices. Even if you’re not a nut fan, virtually anything you buy at Prantl’s will be out-of-this-world (and it’ll leave your wallet unscathed).

2. Massage Envy
5836 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 420-5188

After hours hunched over a Calculus problem set, a massage sounds pretty great. Get everything from a hot stone massage to a facial at Massage Envy in Squirrel Hill. Try calling ahead to see if they’re offering any specials, then gear up for an hour or two of indulgent relaxation.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.