Caitlin Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Caitlin Miller 

Year: Sophomore/Junior

Hometown and Your Favorite Thing About It: Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania. My favorite thing about it is that there is a real sense of community.

Areas of Study and Why You Chose Them: Psychology with a minor in Criminology. I chose to take a criminology class my first semester because I knew I loved Law and Order shows and thought it would be fun. I ended up loving it and the teacher, Dr. Sarteschi, helped me find my love for the mental health field, and it made me want to continue my studies in psychology.

Favorite Book: Pretty Little Liars

Favorite Movie: Center Stage

Favorite TV Shows: Switched at Birth or My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Favorite Musicians/Bands: All Time Low, We the Kings, The Maine, Blink182

Favorite Foods: McDonald’s chicken nuggets and fries, and baked beans

Activities: Chatham University Dance Team Captain, Forensic Club VP of Finance, member of PSY CHI, competed for the title of Miss Pennsylvania Teen USA (Top 15), and spending time with my puppy, mom, dad, and boyfriend.

One Thing Most People Don’t Know About You: I have a collection of autographed pointe shoes. Most of them are ones I’ve bought at Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s shows, but some have been personally signed for me backstage while I was performing.

Name one class you took this semester. What did you like most about it? I think my favorite class I took this semester was Hip Hop with Gino Vaccaro. I loved that it was a nice break from my 20 other credits and a good way to relax! Tons of fun, would definitely recommend it.

Do you have a favorite winter treat? I’m a Starbucks fan, I like Soy Chai Lattes. Other than that, I go cookie crazy over break! I bake all the time.

Childhood Dream Job: Ballerina

Current Dream Job: Still to become a professional ballet dancer (I hate the word ballerina now), and then pursuing a career with the FBI or going on to law school to so something on the legal side of mental health policy.

What do you love most about being a Chatham woman? What I love most about being a Chatham woman is that I know I’m getting a top-notch education. Also, I know Chatham is dedicated to making me strong, confident, and ready to take over the world. 

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.