element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 DIY Christmas Presents for your Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Being a college student means having a pretty restricted budget, especially during the Holidays. For when you want to give your roommate something small and sentimental, try out one of these five DIY presents that can all be made under a budget:

1. Hot Chocolate Snowman: Grab some tiny mason jars and hot chocolate ingredients to create this festive present. Put the jars together with some glue to create a snowman- a great way to present a simple yet delicious gift. 

2. Personalized Mug: For a coffee or tea lover, a personalized mug is the perfect gift. This specific mug can be for roommates who live far away from eachother, but in the end, it is all up to you and what you do with your mug! 

3. Mani/Pedi Kit: A DIY gift would not be complete without a mason jar, so put together a cute nail kit for your roomie. Add a pretty nail polish, nail clippers, a mini nail polish remover, and anything else you think is necessary in order to paint your mistle toes.

4. Matching T-Shirts: Go to Michaels, grab some tshirts and create your very own “couple” shirts. From “Home Girls” to “Best Friends,” pick what would work best for you and your roommate. 

5. Candy Card: If your roommate has a sweet tooth, take her favorite candies and put together a funny card. While this one is for a birthday, you can easily make it Christmas themed.