Oh No, It’s Valentine’s Day Already?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

So you missed cuffing season and the number one holiday for couples is swiftly approaching. Take a deep breath because it’s no big deal! Here are a few fun things to do when you’re single on Valentine’s Day.

1. Two words: Netflix and takeout.

Everyone loves a chill night watching movies and eating fried rice. Invite a few of your single besties and have a bonding night of your own. Also, instead of watching romance movies, switch it up and watch a few thrillers or horror films.

2. If you’re the kind of girl who enjoys going out instead of staying in, we suggest that you call up a friend or two and get fine. Put on your baddest dress and your most fire heels and hit the town. Party all night or have a fancy dinner, it’s up to you.

3. Valentine’s Day happens to fall on a Tuesday this year. If you’re in college and you’re an overachiever, you most likely have some studying to do or some homework to catch up on. Spend your night handling business and getting ahead in a few of your major courses.

4. So you love presents? Stop by the mall, buy yourself a new pajama set with cute furry slippers, one of those giant teddy bears, and a box of your favorite chocolates. Head home and cut on a bomb playlist to listen to all night until you fall into a chocolate coma. If you live for the theatrics this one is for you!

5. Shoot your shot 2k17: If all else fails you have all year to hit up your crush and ask him out. Switch up those gender roles and ask him if he would like to go out on a date. We know he won’t say no!

Valentine’s Day is a holiday that we’ve learned to dread if we aren’t spending it with our significant others, but it doesn’t always have to be that way. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve sitting at home, moping and hoping your crush would’ve called you. Just remember that Valentine’s Day is also a Day of Appreication, so chilling with girls or treating yourself is always fine!

Hi! I'm Aliyah, a Senior Business Administration major with a concentration in marketing from PG County, Maryland. I spend my time watching YouTube videos, Netflix and reading books. I love all things storytelling.